Monday, July 20, 2009

Talk about insanity!

I studied my little butt off..question after question after question. And actually, I learned A LOT. I went to sleep the night before feeling like, "I got this." Before I left the house, my dad gave me one of those "parent" pep talks. You know..the one where they say something about how they're confident in you and you can do it and you put in your time and I have faith in you. All I could say was, "I'm confident."
It was the longest drive of my life up there. To speed things up a bit..I sat down and started. Question #1..I was like OMG I don't know..after that it was kind of a blur. My mind started going blank. I'm like great, I failed. I kept wondering will it cut off at 75? How many questions will I have to complete? 75 came and I got another question. I was like oh, ok, I know this. I was very confident in the answer. I clicked it and the screen went blank. Suddenly, my stomach turned and everything became blurry. The answer that I was so confident in now started to seem wrong. OMG, what did I just do? Did I blow it? Then, they want you to fill out this stupid survey afterward. Walking out was a blur. I was trying to hold it together. I didn't want to start crying in the building. Searching for reassurance, I quickly walked to my car to call someone super smart and ask her what she thought the answer was to my last question. She's not sure. OMG. This is the worst feeling I ever felt in my life. I sat in my car for about an hour, searching for a "correct answer". To my dismay, there wasn't anything on the topic in the Kaplan book and nothing great in my PDA. I came home (finally) and searched the internet. I just don't know. And then I thought well at least I am so tired, I will sleep good tonight. Yea right! I woke up just about every hour. Talk about torture. I've never failed anything important in my life and just knowing this could be the first time, when it's probably THE most important thing, is driving me insane. I wish everyone good luck. Study hard and don't restrict yourself to topics designated "highly testable" because my test didn't have many of those. And make sure you have someone to call afterward because you're going to need it. I had NO idea I would feel like this!

5 comments:

Trina Eagal said...

I feel your pain. Try to keep positive (and distracted). I'm sure you did fine.

You're done, though! that's good!

Mother Forker said...

Well, well... I see you earned your RN. Congratulations!!!

acarnahan said...

Thanks Sue!

Maureen D. said...

congrats!

Dose Pharmacy said...

Thanks so much for the site, I found a lot of useful information for us.