Monday, August 20, 2007

Welcome Tea Chair

Hello first semester students:

It is a tradition in Delta's ADN program that the first semester students put on the Welcome Tea Reception for the incoming nursing students and I am looking for a volunteer or volunteers to take on that roll. I know that you all all packed to the gills with stuff to do, but it is now that time to pass the Welcome Tea Reception torch.

I have all the information in a binder to pass on that outlines and explains what to do, as well as some supplies from the last two semesters. I, of course, will be availible to assist you if needed with your prep for the tea. Since you only have the four weeks between fall and spring semester, it is VERY IMPORTANT to get started right away. If you do a little each week/month, it will not take up much of your time.

Remember, the Welcome Tea is put on by your class for the incoming students for the spring semester and pulling together as a team is key!!! The sooner someone gets started the better. Please email me at mmaness638@students.deltacollege.edu or post to the blog if you are interested in being the Welcome Tea Committee Chair.


Thanks!

Melissa Maness
2nd semester

13 comments:

Trina Eagal said...

I would love to help plan the TEA for next semester. Let me know what things are involved, and I can get started right away.

Trina

Anonymous said...

Count me in too! I'm ready to start a.s.a.p.

Melissa Maness said...

Please let me know what your schedules are for Friday so we can try to get everyone together at one time. Thanks ladies!

Mother Forker said...

If you need more people, I'm happy to pitch it, too! Fridays are good in the morning or after about 3:00 in the afternoon.

Trina Eagal said...

Friday mornings only (until about 11am at the latest). I do have time after classes as well (until 4pm M-Th).

Trina Eagal said...

Hello to those of you who are helping to plan the TEA. I was thinking a Hollywood/Oscar/Movie themed party might be fun. I know at Party 2000 I saw plastic "Oscars". Also, we could use the theme title, "It's Showtime!" Anyway, just throwing out the idea, I would love to hear some of yours!

Melissa Maness said...

Hi Ladies:

For the Welcome Tea Committee ... I would like to have meeting to pass on the information this Friday at about 9:00am at Delta (Java Jitters in the Locke Building Courtyard). I need to pass off the information and just give you a little of the ins and outs of it all. Please check your schedules and let me know if this day/time is good for you all.

Melissa

Trina Eagal said...

That works for me.

Kristin said...

I'd love to help! Count me in. I have class Fri from 8-11. Trina that's a great idea and if everyone starts taking pictures I can try to put together a slide show.

Kristin said...

I just thought of this too. If everyone likes the oscar/movie theme oriental trading company has some great stuff that's really inexpensive. I use the site all the time to plan banquets for my job. Just putting the idea out there!

Debbie M. said...

I'll help out too.

MBerlin said...

Let me know how I can help, too. I am also in class tomorrow. Perhaps I can find Trina and get the most updated times to meet and where.

Michelle

Natalia Edwards said...

I would love to be involved with a tea reception. Fridays don't work for me though, I have to be at work the whole day. But let me know what I can do and I'll be happy to help with whatever I can!