Tuesday, September 25, 2007

TEA Update

Hello everyone,

In an effort to get some of the donation 'stuff' out of the way, I had
Julie provide me with the letter we need when asking for donations. I
have attached 5 letters to your Delta email (one for each hospital) that are
just in need of my signature.

Each clinical group will be responsible for contacting their clinical
hospital and soliciting a donation. I have provided all of the
contact information to get in touch with the people responsible for
giving the donations (please let me know if the person is different so
that I can update it for the next TEA planner).
If you will be the one contacting the hospital, please call the person
listed below that is at your hospital, set up a time to meet with
them, give your presentation and give them the letter with the tax
ID#.
If nobody feels comfortable with this, please let me know ASAP, so
that I can contact them.

Dameron - Marla Scott 944-5550 ext 3260

Dr's Manteca - Brenda or Denise Johnson 239-8335

Lodi Memorial - Donna Schultz 339-7609

St. Joseph's - Tish Sullivan 461-5448

Sutter Tracy - Kim Bailey 832-6001 (this is the clinical instructor)
*Kim usually needs a receipt, so let me know the amount, so that I can
get one for her.

Kaiser Manteca - I don't have a contact person/number for this
hospital, so if someone from this clinical group could maybe ask
Sherry who we should contact to find out this information, that would
be great.

I would like to have the big donors (hospitals) taken care before the
Holidays come, so by October 26th at the latest.
As far as other donations, the letter that I have attached can be
changed, so a new contact person, place and address can be typed in.
You will just need to bring the letter to me to get a signature
before you present the letter to the donor. This will help me keep
track of who we are asking.

Lisa Newbold will be doing all of the thank you cards to the donors,
so if you are given a donation, please email Lisa the name, address
and item donated so that she can thank them properly.

As far as people that are wanting to speak at the TEA in return for
their donation, that really isn't the intention of the TEA. We are
wanting to welcome the incoming students, not sell to them or recruit
them. If someone asks if they can do this, please tactfully repeat
this to them.

Gosh, I know I have more to say (I always have more to say), but this
is it for now.

Thank you,

Trina

P.S. Please check your Delta email for the donation letters.
If anyone sees a typing error, please let me know, because I did all of this very fast.

2 comments:

Mother Forker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mother Forker said...

I forgot... is there a standard amount these hospitals have traditionally donated for the Tea? Was it around $200? I will be in contact with Marla Scott at Dameron this coming week, so if it comes up, I'd want to know the amount that's usually given. Thanks!