Saturday, September 29, 2007

The TEA

To clarify a few things.

I am waiting for a response from Melissa (last year's TEA coordinator) or Kim Thompson about who the donation check is to be made out to. I spoke with Julie Lang, and she thought it was me, but told me to contact Melissa. I will let you know when I get confirmation on that.

If a hospital needs a receipt, let me know, and I can make one up for them.

I will bring in the letters (signed) into lecture Thursday and handing them out. Like I mentioned earlier, if you decide to be the one to contact your hospital, please let me know.

thank you.

Also, there was a questions as to the amount we get from hospitals. We generally get $100-$200 from each hospital (sometimes the hospitals ask this). If I haven't already mentioned this, just make sure when you are requesting donations (from anyone), to make sure you always meet with the person that will make the decision and that you try to get a response in person (people are much less likely to donate when you are not face to face).

There was also a question about what to put in the baskets. I will post as soon as I talk to some of the student who won baskets. Remember, you can request donations for the basket as well.

4 comments:

Mother Forker said...

Thanks. As I commented in a previous post, it would also be good to know the amount that is traditionally donated to our Tea by these hospitals.

Mother Forker said...

Other questions related to the Tea...
- are you getting the $15 from each N1 student? Need any help there?
- do you have any volunteers from clinical groups for gift baskets?
- let me know if you need any help with speakers, okay? I will definitely plan on being there that day, no matter what -- for set up, handing out raffle prizes, clean-up crew, wherever I'm needed.

Trina Eagal said...

I thought I put it in an email, but I noticed that I deleted my entire 'soliciting etiquette' section from my original email (I must've thought it was too much information at once).

After the test, I am going to try to get some of us together that are volunteering to help with the TEA (and clinical leaders) together, so we can touch base on who is doing what.

Mother Forker said...

Thanks for the additional information!